If you are one of the countless Americans enjoying the benefits of yoga, mindfulness, and meditation, you may also be one of the many who yearns to build a yoga studio in your own home. Creating an area for your yoga practice can be as simple or elaborate as you wish, as long the space evokes feelings of calm, peace, serenity, and reflection in you.
Find Your OM
The first step is to choose a location in your home that you will convert into your yoga studio. This will help you decide whether you need to renovate or simply redecorate. Whether you choose to convert a guest room, sunroom, home gym, corner of the family room, or other area in the home, you will want it to be uncluttered, quiet, and removed from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Once the location has been selected, some of the basic elements you may want to consider include:
- Calming paint color such as soft greens, pale yellows, or watery blues.
- Comfortable flooring such as hardwood floors that reflect the tones and textures of nature. You can even have in-floor radiant heat put in by a professional installer.
- Ambient lighting in addition to natural light coming from windows.
- Inspirational focus like a painting, photograph, quotation, sculpture, candles, or altar.
- Discreetly placed stereo system to play meditation music, or even a TV if you rely on videos to guide you.
- Large mirror so you can be aware of your alignment and posture.
- Discreet basket or bench to store your pillows and props when not in use and to reduce visual distractions.
- Natural elements such as a potted plants or a small fountain to bring natural inspiration.
As central Indiana’s premier hardwood flooring company, the team at Floor Craft Sanding can be counted on for their expertise, craftsmanship, and customer service. Whether you need hardwood floor refinishing, repairs, or wood floor installation to turn your dream of a home yoga studio into reality, we have the knowledge and experience that you’re looking for. To learn more about us and our services, visit our FAQs, or contact us at (317) 759-2575 for a free estimate in Carmel, Indianapolis, and beyond.