If your wood floors have seen better days and it’s time to have them refinished or replaced, you’re probably on the lookout for a reputable flooring contractor. But how do you wade through the installers and refinishers to find the right one who offers top-quality workmanship and excellent customer service?
We at Floor Craft Sanding of Indianapolis have over 30 years of experience and can offer the following advice to help you find the right flooring contractor.
6 Tips To Help You Choose a Flooring Contractor
- Referrals from friends, family, and neighbors are a great place to start when looking for a contractor, as are online reviews on independent websites.
- Reputable companies will provide an estimate up front, and first-rate companies will do so after an on-site consultation.
- Experience is important when it comes to hardwood floor refinishing and wood floor installation. Find out how long the company has been in business and what type of training their crew receives.
- Before allowing any work to occur on your property, ensure the contractor is insured and bonded. You’ll also want to know if they offer any type of warranty on labor and flooring.
- Timelines and scheduling should be considered. If you need a contractor who can get a job done by a specific date or if you need them to work around your schedule, you’ll need to be up front about that and hire a company that can accommodate your needs.
- Personality matters when it comes to hiring a contractor who will be working in your home or business. Talk to the contractor and make sure that their vision and yours jive and that personalities mesh well enough to get the job done.
At Floor Craft, we deliver top-quality hardwood floor refinishing, repairs, and installation for your Indiana home or business. We use only quality products and processes to ensure our customers’ expectations are surpassed. Contact us today at (317) 759-2575 to request a consultation or to learn more about us.