Along with the sparkle and cheer this holiday season comes extra wear and tear on your hardwood floors as you welcome more people into your home. Protect your gorgeous wood floors with these six simple tips from Floor Craft Sanding so your floors can keep shining long after the last tinsel has been packed away.
6 Tips to Protect Your Wood Floors
- If you’ve used sand, salt, or other ice melt on your sidewalk or steps, be sure to sweep it up before guests begin to arrive. Tracking grit and grime into the house is a sure way to scratch up your floors.
- Adding a rubber mat outside each doorway is another easy way to keep outdoor dirt outside where it belongs. Be sure to sweep or dust off the mats regularly.
- Hard soles and high heels can do a number on wood floors. Depending on your preferences and the formality of your event, you may want to ask guests to remove their shoes when they come in. A shoe rack or mat by the door is a simple way to show guests where to leave their footwear.
- Placing rugs in high-traffic areas such as entryways, hallways, and entertaining areas will protect your floors in those busy spots.
- Using clean chair glides and furniture pads under your furniture will prevent potential scratches and scrapes to your floor.
- If you’re putting up a Christmas tree, don’t forget to put a set of furniture pads under the tree stand. For real trees, be very careful when watering and be sure to wipe up any drips or spills right away.
By following these tips and our Hardwood Floor Care Guidelines, you can keep your floors well protected this holiday season. But when your hardwood floors need a little pick-me-up, let Floor Craft Sanding’s professional refinishing team work their magic. We offer refinishing, maintenance and repair services, as well as new floor installation in Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, and the surrounding area. Contact us anytime at (317) 759-2575 to schedule an appointment or to request an estimate on any of our services.